May 16, 2015

Pt. 8 Finishing Cockpit Interior Lighting

Well, after drilling into the sides of rear instrument panel and adding fibers, here's how the rear of the cockpit looks.  Again, I have not received the power pack yet to operate the rear wall LED's, so I'm using an LED flashlight to illuminate it temporarily.





I also received my flashing LED's I had ordered.  So now I'm able to send various fiber optics to those rather than the solid lit LED.   So I've added 3 flashing LEDs so that not all flashing lights will flash at the same time.  Gives it some randomness.  So here it is in all it's glory SO FAR.  This is not a final finished product, but VERY close.  Sorry for the video not being the greatest, but I shot it with my phone because of being able to get so close to the model.




MORE TO COME.....




4 comments:

  1. This is amazing Chris!! Mike and I are loving seeing all the details that are going into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi it's perfect man...can you help me and say what flashing LED's have you ordered? thanks and greaaaaat job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chris. Just starting my Falcon. Watched your YouTube videos and learned a lot.

    Question about the fibers you put in the back seat instrument "arch". How were you able to run the fibers down the wall and under the floor. The arch fits pretty tight in the tunnel tube and I'm not sure there's enough space to bend the optic fiber and still get it to light up. Your advice would be appreciated.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They fit in there. I bent the tips to almost 90 degrees to run them down the sides.

      Delete