May 9, 2015

Pt. 7 Additional Cockpit and new parts

So my next shipment of parts arrived this week.


So it's time to start working on finishing up the cockpit.


 Started out by priming the side console pieces.

 


I did a 2 tone paint job on the sides.  A dark gray on the lower half and flat black on the top.


Then on to painting and detailing.



 Now a test fit of the center and side consoles together.


There is a gap under the console where the inside of the front cone will be seen.  Gonna need to paint the inside of the cone to match.

 
 And here we go.  A test fit the of the cockpit front. 

ME LIKEY




It's a tight fit of the fibers and LED under the floorboard, but it works.


Now to put the rear instrument panel together.





So now that ALL pieces of the cockpit are painted, my next step is to add additional fiber optics to the side consoles, rear instrument panel, and a few blinking lights on the back cockpit wall.

MORE TO COME.....





2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! I'm going to be building this model as well.. I've never done fibre optics before and am curious about them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're actually pretty simple. I had never worked with them before doing this build. But I decided I wanted to light everything I could. I get my fibers from a guy on Ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/175ft-25mm-Colored-FIBER-OPTIC-FIBER-Sci-fi-Models-etc-FREE-illuminator-/371554046759?hash=item568258d327

      Delete