April 13, 2015

PT. 1 Millennium Falcon Build... My Plan


     This is my first blog ever, so bare with me and thank you for checking it out.  This blog will be a diary of my building of the DeAgostinin Millenium Falcon model.  Seeing as how parts arrive once a month, this blog will take quite some time to finish, but hopefully well worth it in the end.

     My first shipment arrived April 10, 2015.  Part packages 1-4 arrived as well as parts 1-4 assembly guides, a model series guide, and a 1:1 scale blueprint of the Falcon to help with assembly.  The model comes pre-painted to a degree with some weathering already done.  Additional weathering will be required to make it more realistic.  I do not plan on priming and re-painting from scratch, as the model does arrive int he appropriate color.  So additional weathering at this point is all I plan on doing, as well as adding additional fiber optic lighting and possibly some motorization and sound.  My plan is to build a display table with a glass case over the top for protection.  Using an Arduino board, my hope is to have multiple buttons on the table to activate particular lights, sounds and servos for the landing ramp motion.  We'll see as time goes on how this will all work out.

FIRST SHIPMENT

PART PACKAGE 1
includes the rear cockpit instrument panel, cockpit bulkhead, cockpit base, laser cannon barrels, left and right mounting plates, mounting yoke, hull plating and 2 hull frams.



PART PACKAGE 2
includes the hologame table, laster cannon turret, cockpit instrument display, and hull frames.

 


PART PACKAGE 3
includes hull plating, cockpit door, cockpit door panel, control yokes, throttle levers, pilot's seats and passenger seats.


 PART PACKAGE 4
includes cockpit console front panel, hull frames and frame screws and connectors.


1:1 SCALE MILLENIUM FALCON BLUEPRINT


MY PLAN

Here is a rendering I did of what my ultimate plan is when completed with the Falcon.  A black table with a raised area and red glowing light underneath.  A glass case to cover the Falcon for protection.  A series of buttons on the table to activate various lights and or sounds.



No comments:

Post a Comment