October 11, 2015

Pt. 14 Hold floor and corridors

I had created a replica flooring to have printed in photo etch, but upon seeking out a company to print it for me, discovered that it would cost upwards of $300 to have printed because of the companies having to create a master to print from.  So as luck would have it, an actual model photo etching site is selling one they created.  So I purchased the photo etch and finally received it.





The photo etch detail is fantastic and looks great.   I want to have at least one of the floor hatches open.  So I'm having to cut out holes in the model floor.







Now priming and painting the floor.



 




There are i-beams in the floor of the Falcon, so I'm cutting some little strips of styrene to insert into the floor hatch for beams.







Using some EL (electro luminescent) wire, I want to have the surround of the floor hatch illuminated as in the movie.  So I've wrapped the frame with the wire and used hot glue to hold the wire in place and run the power wire out the side of the floor.








A shot of black paint before laying down the photo etch.

 





So here we are with a test run of the floor lighting.  I like the way this is looking.





I also received the last 2 corridor sections of the interior and got them assembled.





 The corridor for the opposite side of the hold






And the corridor to the gunner station of the Falcon.











And I received some more framework and hull pieces.  This is getting  BIG.






Well, that's it for now.  Still much more to come.  Been doing a lot of extra detailing of the interior of the hold.  So....


Stay tuned.  MUCH MORE TO COME.....


4 comments:

  1. Another quick question. Where did you get the glow tubing that you ran around the floor bar rim?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was just EL wire that I purchased on Ebay.

      Delete
  2. Hi Chris.
    Can You tell more about EL wire inverter You used. Is It for 9V?
    Maybe You Can write specific model. I have a problem with finding inverter for short EL wire. :/
    Thank You

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly don't remember. It's been over 3 years now since I did that. I looked through my receipts, but they don't go back that far now. I believe I bought the EL wire from thatscoolwire.com. I am powering the inverter from the 9v that's powering my entire Falcon. There are 9v to 12v EL wire inverters all over. The ones that use a 9v battery, you can just snip the battery plug off and solder the wires directly to the power source.

      Delete